- Cryovials store biospecimens at very low temperature for cryopreservation.
- Existing cryovials are not space-efficient for storage of small solid specimens (about 1 cm3 or smaller)
- This invention effectively increases the storage space without the need for equipment or infrastructural upgrade
- Dimensions of our novel cryovial are compatible to the other commercially-available cryovials for liquid specimen storage
- Global biobankingmarkets are growing due to the prevalence of chronic diseases and cancer (expected to double by 2030)
- Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.07% from 2015-2019 (Researchmoz)
- Series of cryogenic vials that nest on top of one another through the top of another vial cap that fits into the common specimen container tray
- Retrofit into most specimen trays (for 1.5 -2mL vials) available in the market
- Optimizes the quantity of specimen stored
- Prevents recontamination with a threaded cap for every vial
This technology will be applicable in the following areas:
- Facilities such as hospital, research laboratories, academic centers, pharmaceuticals and commercial laboratories
Upon successful in vivo demonstration of this technology’s safety and efficacy, the technology is ideally placed as a licensing opportunity to MNC / SME operating in stent manufacturing fields.
A/Prof Eng Chon Boon/ National University Health System