Funding which supports commercially viable innovation for implementation, adoption
Funding to support development of a clinically significant and commercially viable innovation to accelerate commercialization and eventual implementation and adoption of the innovation to impact and benefit healthcare delivery and patient care
The Principal Investigator must hold a primary appointment in and be under the employment of a public healthcare institution in Singapore.
- Considerations for project gearing toward clinical adoption:
- Commercial position: Interest to trial for eventual implementation and adoption cross cluster.
- Ideally with two or more clusters indicating interest to implement & adoption post pilot (in a letter of support/interest)
- Approved/Registered or close to regulatory approval or registration; ethics submission or approval (as applicable)
- Industry partner’s commitment to pilot and implement
Theme (Diagnostics and Monitoring):
Enabling technologies that improve clinical outcome, including preventive intervention, therapeutic interventions, etc.
Grant applications that emphasise on the following aspects of the project are considered for funding:
- Well defined unmet healthcare need
- Clear deployment and product development strategy/roadmap
- Potential to result in reduced healthcare costs, improved clinical outcome and eventual adoption by the healthcare system.
- Proven scientific merit with proof-of-concept data in in vitro and/or in vivo research/laboratory models
- Strong intellectual property position will have an advantage
Up to $1Mil^
^Quantum reviewed on a Project by Project basis
12 months, Up to 18 months
Grant call opens
Grant call is open, please note submission deadline
Submission through designated Healthcare Cluster Office
|Healthcare Cluster||Designated Research/Innovation Office
|National Healthcare Group (NHG)||NHG Group Research|
|National University Health System (NUHS)||NUHS Research Office|
|Singapore Health Services (SingHealth)||SingHealth Office of Intellectual Property (SHIP)|
Anticipated Time Line
|1||Grant Call Closes||4 Sept 2023|
|2||Invite to full proposal||End Oct- Early Nov 2023|
|4||Funding Decision||End Jan-Mid Feb 2024|
- All grant applications are evaluated based on the criteria detailed below.
- LOI template can be downloaded here
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit full proposal and pitch to the Evaluation Panel
NHIC I2Adopt Evaluation Criteria Considerations
|Background & data||
|Uniqueness of technology||
|Implementation plan & deliverables||
|Budget||Is the budget realistic for the work outlined?|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please refer to our list of FAQs for more information.